How can I help my child . . . ?
- make friends and maintain healthy relationships
- be aware of their own impact on others
- communicate and interact effectively
- solve interpersonal problems effectively
- recognize and avoid peer pressure
Parental involvement, such as attending school functions like back-to-school nights and concerts or volunteering in the library, is as important as helping with homework. Many working parents find it particularly hard to be a presence in their children’s school. However, research indicates that it is worth the effort.